Monday, December 30, 2013
Grilled Pomfrets in Mint & Coriander Sauce
I served these grilled Pomfrets for Dinner sometime last week with Hakka Noodles. The paste that the Pomfrets were marinated in included mint and coriander leaves, so it was green & extremely flavorful. I have never like much of mint in my food, but this time was completely blown away by the subtle aroma. I will start using more of this is our meals as there are so many health benefits of mint.
I have no story today so will make this quick!
Here is what you need to make Grilled Pomfrets in Mint & Coriander Sauce:
Serves - 2
· Pomfrets – 2 medium, washed and deep slit to the spine bone for the marination to get it
· Juice of 1 medium Lime
· Pudina / Mint leaves – 5 sprigs
· Dhaniya / Coriander leaves – 5 sprigs
· Ginger – 1” thick
· Garlic – 5-6 medium cloves
· Green Chillies – 4 (increase or decrease to taste)
· Cooking Oil – 2 tsp
How to make Grilled Pomfrets in Mint & coriander Sauce:
· Rub salt and lime juice on the Pomfrets and keep for 5 minutes
· Grind Mint, Coriander, Ginger, Garlic, Green Chillies together in a Blender with a little splash of water, this sauce will neither be runny nor very thick
· Smear spoonful’s of the Sauce on both the sides of the Fish and keep for 10 minutes
· Pour a ½ a tsp of Cooking Oil on each side of the Fish so that it does not stick to the grill. I am a Bengali and used Mustard Oil, hence the gold hue :P, use the Cooking Oil of your choice.
· Grill each side of the Fish for about 8 minutes – I did this in the convection mode of my Micro at 180C – once one side is done, turn using a tong and grill the other side for another 7-8 minutes.
· Take it out, let it stand for 3-4 minutes and serve immediately.
· We had this with some Hakka Noodles for dinner; this is a dish in itself and can be eaten just like that, without any accompaniments.