1. Chicken: 750 gms.
2. Onion: 6-7 medium sized, finely chopped.
3. Green Chilli: keep fried separately for garnish.
4. Ginger Garlic paste: 1 tsp.
5. Oil to deep fry.
6. Fresh lemon juice, no added flavors: 2 tbsps.
1. Curd: 2-3 tbsps.
2. Turmeric powder: ½ tsp.
3. Ginger Garlic paste: 2 tbsps.
4. Cumin powder: 2 tsp.
5. Coriander powder: 2 tsp.
6. Tomato puree: ¾ cup.
7. Fresh lemon juice, no added flavors: 1 tbsp.
1. Wash and clean the chicken and marinate well with the ingredients in such a way that the entire chicken is covered in the marination and set aside for ½ an hour.
2. Keep the onions in two halves.
3. Heat Oil in a pan and add ½ of ONE set of onions and fry properly.
4. Once fried add the marinated chicken on top of it.
5. Add the 2nd half of the 1st set of Onions on top of the chicken.
6. Put a tight lid and let it cook for 15-20 minutes.
7. Heat oil in another pan, here we are going to prepare the gravy.
8. Add the 2nd set of onions here; add a little sugar to get the color.
9. Once pinkish in color, add the ginger garlic paste.
10. Once the masala starts to separate add a little turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder and salt.
11. When the thick gravy is done [no water], take off the lid from the chicken, and add the gravy.
12. Now keep stirring and cook for another 8-10 minutes, on low flame till a thick onion sauce is done.
13. Add the fresh lemon juice now and stir for another 5-10 minutes.
14. Once done, garnish it with the fried green chillies.
15. Serve hot with Parathas.
NOTE : Minute Maid Nimubu Fresh lemon juice concentrate can be used for the lemon juice, IT'S TRIED AND TESTED!!! :)