Friday, March 1, 2013

Noodle Omelette





Variety in Breakfast is a must at my place. No, we still do not have li’l one’s but ‘A’ and I, we both are no more than little Children when it comes to food .. we get bored very effortlessly. Hence every day I go through these brain-storming sessions when it comes to ‘what to make for breakfast the next day’. Be it purely Bengali Luchi & Chholar Dal, English Baked Eggs, Cornflakes with Fruits, Shrimp Noodles, Grilled EggSandwiches, French Toasts, Ruti & Aloo-Chorchori or Noodle Omelettes – we need change every day.




Both of us are in love with the Instant Noodles that we get in India called ‘Maggi’. It is a super food for Students, Bachelors, Singles, even Families like us. Some Idiot told me once that ‘Maggi’ has humongous amount of insoluble fat, though I never bothered to get it clarified; I do lecture people who eat too much of Instant Noodles, that it has insoluble fat! We do get about 10 packs of Maggi every month when we go edible shopping!



This dish is nothing but innovation, you make simple Instant Noodles on one hand and a good Omelette on the other, when the Omelette is almost done, put the noodles on top, turn once it is set, give it some more minutes, take it of the Stove and serve. ‘A’ told me it was very heavy and I should share with him which I happily did. He also said that it tasted good as well.

Here is what you will need to make Noodle Omelette

Instant Noodles with tastemaker – 1 packet
Eggs – 2
Onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
Tomato – 1 medium, finely chopped
Green Chillies – to taste, finely chopped, I used 2
Butter – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Red Chilli Flakes – to taste – 1 pinch

How to make Noodle Omelette

Follow the instructions on the Instant Noodles packet and prepare the same, make sure all liquid has evaporated; we want the noodles to be dry

Crack open the Eggs in a bowl, add Tomatoes, Onions, Green Chillies, Salt to taste and Red Chilli Flakes and beat them together well






Heat the Butter in a Pan till it foams




Pour the beaten Eggs in; let it cook for a few minutes




When the Egg is 3/4th done, add the Instant Noodles on the Omelette, make sure the Omelette is totally covered under the noodles






Now while flipping the Omelette, be very careful, as it has become heavy with the Noodles on top it might break, use two Spatulas if needed and turn





Give it another 2-3 minutes and turn off the Stove







Serve it onto a plate, cut slices like I did if you want. You will be happy eating this, I promise.

4 comments:

  1. What a great looking EASY recipe! Would love for you to come on over to Foodie Friends Friday and link up a recipe or two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lois! I sure will, I am so glad you took the time out to comment :)

      Delete
  2. I always break it while flipping, so I use 4 eggs. Two for the initial base and two for the opposite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Was thinking the same that mine will break while flipping but two eggs for the opposite might not :)

      Delete