Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Grilled Chicken Sandwiches with Chicken Stock




Sandwiches are a hot favorite breakfast at my place. ‘A’ has to rush to work early every morning and he cannot eat anything heavy is what he claims, he needs something light which will keep him happy till Lunch time. Hence I decided to give him Sandwiches as ‘he’ thinks they are light as they do not look heavy I guess :P but I make the filling heavy so that he is well fed. Sometimes I wonder I am dealing with a kid or a grown-up, I think a grown-up alike :P


I made this super easy Grilled Chicken Sandwich yesterday which he was very satisfied with. I normally get a couple of Chicken breasts during the weekend and stock them up to use during the week. I also used a Chicken stock cube in this as a result of which I did not have to add Salt at all to the filling, the stock Cube takes care of the taste totally. One can alter Mayonnaise with Cheese or Butter or vice-versa as per your choice and taste, the recipe does not need to be exactly what I did when you make it, bend it the way you wish, to your taste.





Here is what you need to make Grilled Chicken Sandwiches with Chicken Stock:


Sandwich Bread slices – 4 – I used Whole Wheat Brown Bread, use bread of your choice
Chicken Breast – 1 – cubed – I got whole Chicken Breast slice from the Butcher and cubed them up at home as per needed
Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 1.5 tsp
Garlic – 3-4 cloves – minced
Green Chillies / Red Chillies – 2 - chopped
Onion – 1 – medium – chopped
Chicken Stock Cube – 1 – grated
Tomato Ketchup / Sauce of your choice – 2 tsp
Mayonnaise – 2 tsp, I used American Garden Light Mayonnaise on 2 slices of the Bread slices
Cheese Spread of your choice– 2 tsp, I used Amul Cheese Spread on the other 2 slices of the Bread slices
Butter – 1 tsp – Once the Sandwiches are grilled, I apply very little Butter on top of the Sandwiches to give them a glazed look as the Butter melts as soon as it is applied as the Sandwiches have just been grilled and are still hot





How to make Grilled Chicken Sandwiches with Chicken Stock:

Heat EVOO in a Pan, add the chopped Chillies and minced Garlic and let them sizzle for a minute

Add the chopped Onions and let them become tender

Increase the heat to high and add the cubed Chicken Breasts and stir fry for about 3 minutes

Add the grated Chicken Stock Cube and the Ketchup and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring continuously

The Chicken slices must have changed color, to test if they are cooked through, you can prick a toothpick and check, if it comes out clean it is cooked, ideally they should be cooked by now

Do a taste test to see if the filling tastes good-to-go, turn off the stove

Apply Mayonnaise on one side of the Bread slices and Cheese on the other

Divide the filling into two equal parts and put it on the slices, make sure they do not ooze out too much from the sides otherwise they will spoil your Sandwich Grill. Cover with the other slices, press them together a little

Put them inside your Grill Sandwich Maker, once done use a tong and take them out and give them 5 minutes to cool down




Slice them up diagonally and apply little Butter on the slices, Serve immediately with a dip of your choice and some Chips







No comments:

Post a Comment