Monday, March 31, 2014
Creamy Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
Weekends are a complete mess these days, Saturday goes mostly in shopping and Sunday goes in preparing for the next week. As the temperature shoots up to a searing 40 degrees, we are living off fruits, coolers, iced tea, cold coffee, squashes, crushes, ice-creams and when it comes to eating a meal, it is mostly a lentil soup, some rice accompanied with a slice of a fried fish. After two days of staying indoors and eating these plain-Jane meals, it was time for us to indulge into something nice and light, not full of rich spices but something simple. I had a Chicken Breast sitting in the freezer (I usually get a few Chicken Breasts and boil them with a pinch of salt to 5 whistles, shred them and store them, so that I can throw them in into any dish that I am making, they come in very handy when I am making noodles, pasta, fried rice or sometimes even use them for sandwich filling) and had some Spaghetti Pasta too so decided to make this incredible Creamy-Cheesy-Chicken- Spaghetti. This tasted so wonderful that I had to post the recipe. It needs only a few ingredients and can be on your week night menu, always :)
Here is what you will need to make this Creamy-Cheesy-Chicken- Spaghetti:
Serves – 2
· Chicken Breast – 1 – shredded (I used my hands to shred it)
· Spaghetti – 200 gms
· Garlic – 4 cloves - grated
· Onion – 1 medium – finely chopped
· Green Bell Pepper – 1 small – finely chopped
· Fresh Cream – 200 gms (I used 1 tetra pack)
· Tomato Chili Sauce – 1 tbsp
· EVOO – 2 tbsps
· Cheese – 1 Cube – grated, I used 1 cube from a Mother Dairy pack
· Salt to taste
· Pepper to taste
How to make Creamy-Cheesy-Chicken- Spaghetti:
· Cook the Spaghetti as per instructions on the pack to al-dente and set aside.
· Heat the EVOO; add the grated Garlic and sauté.
· Add the Onion and Green Bell Pepper and sauté for a minute or two.
· Add Salt and Pepper and stir.
· Add the Tomato Chili Sauce for a little bit of tang (optional).
· Add the cooked shredded Chicken and mix well.
· Add the Fresh Cream and mix, let it simmer for a minute, don’t let it dry out, it should be able to coat the Spaghetti’s properly and should be thick.
· Taste the sauce, add more Salt and Pepper if needed.
· Turn off the gas, add the Spaghetti and mix with a tong softly.
· Serve into a plate, top it with grated Cheese and enjoy!