Wednesday, October 10, 2012

French Toast




According to me, the best breakfast combination in the world is good Bread and some Eggs. Sometimes I scramble the Eggs, sometimes I make an Omelette, sometimes make boiled Eggs & sometimes make French Toast. French Toast is Bread dipped in beaten Eggs & then fried. Many people top it with Cheese, Butter, Syrup, Mayonnaise, Ketchup etc. I have always had Mom-made French toasts where she sliced Onions thinly and chopped some Green Chillies and added to the Egg, then beat it and she dipped the Bread pieces in this mix and fried them, the result was always a finger-licking-good breakfast or even snack.  

There are some days where I have the energy of a Blue Whale and make Biryani and Rezala from scratch and sometimes that of a Turtle, when I do not feel like even slicing Onions. Not to forget the morning rush before going to work. On these days I make the simplest of French Toast I have discovered. I even skip the sliced Onions and Green Chillies; nevertheless, this still tastes very good and we both love it. This can easily be called French Toast for Dummies. Hubby took some to work for Lunch today and said even his Colleagues enjoyed them. Hence I decided to post the recipe for this simple French Toast that I make pretty often.


What you need:


Eggs : 4
Bread slices : 5, cut diagonally = 10 pieces
Red Chilli Powder : ½ tsp
Salt to taste
Cooking Oil

Method:


·         Break the Eggs and beat them with Salt and Red Chilli Powder.
·         Cut the regular Bread sliced diagonally into halves.
·         Heat Oil in a Pan.
·         Dip the Bread pieces into this Egg mixture and drop them into hot Oil.
·         It should take about 90 seconds on each side and they should be done.
·         Serve with Ketchup or any dip of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment