Monday, August 20, 2012

Phirni

Yes I am a true Calcuttan and when I say that I mean I cannot think about Biryani without Rezala and definitely not without Phirni. After days of fruitless exploration I finally gave in. I had to make my own Phirni! Well all those who drool over the mention of it, here is a very easy recipe. It makes the lip smacking dessert, just the one you need after a plate of warm Biryani & some Rezala.





Here is what you will need :


Ingredients :

1.       ½ ltr Milk
2.       Sugar to taste (Phirni is never too sweet so use this wisely)
3.       5 tsps of Rice Flour
4.       Green Cardamoms – 4 – crushed
5.       Handful of Almonds – chopped
6.       Handful of Pistachios – chopped
7.       Handful of Cashews – chopped

Method :

1.       Put the Sugar in a blender, blend to powder and set aside.
2.       Bring the milk to a boil in a heavy bottomed pan.
3.       Add the rice flour and keep stirring so that no lumps are formed.
4.       Add the sugar and keep stirring.
5.       Once you reach desired consistency, pour into small bowls (Bhands/Sikoras if you have them handy)
6.       Garnish with the dry fruits.
7.       Refrigerate for a 4 hours.
8.       Serve chilled after a hearty meal. I eat them whenever I like :D

No comments:

Post a Comment