Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Besan Ladoo's in the Microwave
Easy to make desserts are always welcome in my Kitchen. Hence I share with you the recipe of Besan Ladoo’s in the Microwave. Now this ladoo is not at all a Bengali sweet but I am totally lame when it comes to anything sweet. At work, I often ate Besan ka Ladoo’s, which were not nutty brown in color, they were more of the raw Besan color and were hard, once bitten into, tasted more like saw dust and broke apart..Arrggghhhhhh!..I so didn’t like them.
In so many daily soaps, movies et al I see people craving for these Ladoo’s. A very good friend sitting in Guangzhou in the Guangdong province of China made these sweet delights on Ganesh Chaturthi and shared the picture, since then I have been contemplating making them. Finally made them yesterday and both ‘A’ and I loved them. No they are not raw in color, neither are they brittle and fall all over you once you bite into them :D
Here are the Ingredients needed to make Besan ke Ladoo’s in the Microwave:
1. Besan / Gram Flour – 1 Cup
2. Clarified Butter / Ghee – 3.5 tbsp
3. Sugar – 3/4th Cup – powered in the Grinder.
4. Raisins – to garnish
How to make the Ladoo’s:
· Melt 2 tbsp of Ghee in the Microwave – I gave it about 20 seconds.
· In a Microwave safe bowl take 1 Cup of Besan and pour the molten Ghee on it. Mix thoroughly.
· Microwave for 2 full minutes.
· Take it out, pour 1 more tbsp of molten Ghee and mix again.
· Put it in for 2 more minutes.
· Take it out and add ½ tbsp Ghee and mix again and put it in for 2 more minutes.
· Once done let it cool a little - till touch-friendly :P
· Add the Sugar and mix very well.
· Made small balls like I did, decorate with Raisins and serve these mouthfuls of pure bliss.
NOTE : All Microwaves and their power are different, be careful not to burn the Besan, it will become bitter otherwise. In case you put more Ghee by mistake, you will not be able to make balls out of them it will become so soft, you either have to eat the final product as Halwa or refrigerate a little so that they harden up and then make balls out of them afterwards.