Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Coriander Chutney / Green Chutney / Dhone Patar Chaatni
As a kid I hated Coriander for its pungent smell, I still do. However, after A pestered me on several occasions to try it with some Kebabs, I have finally developed a liking for it. Last time when I made some Kebabs, I made this too and stored it, it came out just right and tasted heavenly. People who read my blog will think I am being a hypocrite as they have seen me garnish many dishes with Coriander leaves, what no one knows is, I pick them out and throw them into the bin once I am done with clicking the dish .. :P
Here is what you will need to make Coriander Chutney:
1. Coriander Leaves – 1 bunch
2. Juice from 1 large Lime
3. Garlic – 10 medium cloves
4. Green Chillies – 8 (to taste - increase or decrease to your taste)
5. Salt to taste
6. Sugar – 1 pinch
How to make Coriander Chutney:
· Wash the Coriander leaves thoroughly and drain. Roughly Chop them and keep, both stems and leaves.
· Put them into a Grinder along with the Garlic and the Green Chillies and blend.
· Check after every minute to see the consistency.
· Add water as needed.
· Add Sugar, Salt and Lemon Juice and blend it one final time for about a minute.
· Once ready, do a taste test, add Sugar or Salt to balance if needed and blend it once more for 30 seconds.
· It goes best with Kebabs, Rolls, Parantha’s et al.